Who we are
Our website address is: https://theoribeiro.com.
Owner and Data Controller:
Wild River Films Limited
Ground Floor Flat 110, Manor Avenue
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data/Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Usage Data – Information collected automatically through our website (or third-party services employed in our website) , which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use our website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
User – The individual using our website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
Processing – Any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Data Controller (or Owner) – The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this website.
Child – A natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us/our website/website/this website (either capitalised or not) – The same as the Data Controller (or Owner) defined previously.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following Data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal Data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal Data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of Data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of Data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what Data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the Data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to Data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
What personal Data we collect and why we collect it
Among the types of Personal Data that we gather, by itself or through third parties, there are:
Cookies, IP Address (or Addresses) Usage Data, first name, last name, email address, username and website.
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, username, website, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data that they obtain, publish or share through this website and they confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide that Data to us.
How we process and use your Personal Data
- provide our service to you. This includes for example safely displaying this website’s data, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- to gather Analytics
- to create Backups saving and management of this website content and backend
- to display content from external platforms
- for traffic optimisation and distribution
- for SPAM protection
- for registration and authentication
- for content commenting
- for hosting and backend infrastructure
- for infrastructure monitoring and platform services and hosting.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than that.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Detailed information on the Personal Data we collect and Process
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your Data with:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
When visitors leave comments on our website we collect the Data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location Data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location Data from images on the website.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal Data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal Data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
Our hosting and backend infrastructure is what enables this website to run and be distributed. It stores all the files and applications that are essential for this website to work.
Cloud Hosting and Backend Infrastructure at Vultr (Vultr Holdings Corporation) via Cloudways (Cloudways Ltd.) Managed Hosting Services
Cloudways is the managed hosting service that enables this website to exist.
We use Vultr hosting platform via Cloudways managed hosting. They also save and manage backups for us. Cloudways and Vultr may collect various types of Data as specified in their privacy policies.
Traffic optimisation and distribution
We use traffic optimisation and distribution services that allow our website to distribute their content using servers located across different parts of the world to optimise content delivery performance..
The Personal Data processed depends on each individual situation of when these services are implemented. They filter communications between our website and the User’s browser.
Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations to which the contents that may contain Personal Information User are transferred.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services is a hosting and backend service that allows for fast content distribution around the globe.
CloudFlare is a traffic optimisation and distribution service provided by CloudFlare Inc.
The way CloudFlare is integrated means that it filters all the traffic through our website, i.e., communication between our website and the User’s browser, while also allowing analytical Data from our website to be collected.
Registration and authentication
By registering or authenticating at this website, Users allow us website to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
WordPress.com Single Sign On
Security Monitoring, Protection and SPAM protection
We use a few services that allow us monitor and secure our website to make sure all the Data including any personal Data is secure and protected.
We also analyse the traffic with the purpose of filtering traffic, messages and content that may be recognised as SPAM.
iThemes Security analyses website traffic looking for potential threats.
We save and manage backups of this website on external servers. The backups may include files, source code and content as well as the Data that that is gathered by this website.
Dropbox is a service to save and manage backups provided by Dropbox Inc.
Embedded content from external platforms and websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
These services may still collect Data from the pages where they are embedded even when users don’t use them. We namely use:
YouTube is a video sharing platform that makes it easy to watch online videos.
Google Fonts is a collection of interactive application programming interfaces that allows us to use web fonts on our website. The service is provided by Google Inc. and it allows to incorporate stunning custom web fonts to display our content in a more pleasing way.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
We monitor our website to analyse use and behaviour of its components so performance, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting can be improved.
New Relic is a digital intelligence platform that lets us measure and monitor the performance of our applications and infrastructure.
Google Analytics with anonymised IPs
Google Analytics is a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. which tracks and reports website traffic.
Google uses the Data collected to track and analyse the use of our website and also to prepare reports on visitor usage. Google may also share this Data with other Google services.
Google may use the collected information to contextualise and personalise ads of its own advertising network.
Our integration of Google Analytics anonymises your IP address. It anonymises the address as soon as technically feasible at the earliest possible stage of the collection network.
The IP anonymisation feature in Analytics sets the last octet of IPv4 user IP addresses and the last 80 bits of IPv6 addresses to zeros in memory shortly after being sent to the Analytics Collection Network. The full IP address is never written to disk in this case.
Where we send your Data
Who we share your Data with
How long we retain your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metaData are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Security logs are retained for 60 days.
What rights you have over your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal Data we hold about you, including any Data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal Data we hold about you. This does not include any Data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Wild River Films Limited
Ground Floor Flat 110, Manor Avenue
Owner contact email: email@example.com
How we secure your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring Data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We also use iThemes Security WordPress plugin to identify and prevent potential threats.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of Data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
What Data breach procedures we have in place
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user Data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745
Last modification was made May 25, 2018.