Shot in July 2008, this movie was back then, my first experiment on mixing motion with digital still photography. and much has changed since then.
It’s a visual story of a climbing expedition to the beautiful Vilcanota Mountain Range in South Eastern Peru.
Led by spanish mountain guide Pere Vilarasau Alsina and featuring Dante Alegria (Argentina), Manuela Mendez (Chile) and María Paz Ibarra (Chile) as climbers, the North Face sponsored expedition traveled to picturesque scenarios in the beautiful mountain range.
It was a moment of firsts:
- First time I opened and used a non linear editing software (Final Cut Pro)
- First time editing visual effects (earth spinning and titles) in Adobe After Effects
- First time editing audio and thinking of soundtrack
- First time I heard the word Codec!
- First time I understood moving pictures was a whole other deal and I was totally hooked into it…
As it probably happens a lot, looking back at what I did 4 years ago I’d change almost everything but the best pictures and main music of the soundtrack but then, let time be time, let learning be learning and evolution be what it is: a sneak peek into the unknown future.